Choosing your bed and mattress
Did you know that approximately 40% of the population around 16 million + people a year will be troubled by a bad back. We believe prevention is better than cure. Amongst other lifestyle choices sleeping on the right mattress for you should be a high priority.
What is the right mattress?
Well as in most things people have personal preferences. This can be down to, body type, sleeping positions, size of bed is a big factor as disturbance from sleeping partners is the most common complaint of sleep problems.
We get asked quite a lot for comfy mattresses, what is the definition of this?
We have yet to work it out! Really there is no true answer to this question as everyone is different. The ideal thing to do is to come on down to see, feel, and lie down on the mattresses and make your own mind up what suits you best. Studies do suggest though that a medium to firm supportive mattress is the best for most people’s back.
Here are some pointers when buying your bed and mattress.
- Orthopaedic generally means firmer.
- A bed that is supportive and comfortable is key.
- There is no ‘right’ bed. Take your time trying each mattress to find the right one for you.
- As many beds are shared a good compromise mattress is medium to firm rating.
- Make sure there is enough space on the mattress for two people. Did you know that a double mattress shared by two people is the equivalent to the sleeping space of a child’s cot for each person!
- A king size or super king maybe more appropriate to larger individuals.
- Also when buying a bed make sure the height of the bed is ideal for getting in and out for those who have mobility difficulties.
- Certain mattresses may need to be turned for better wear. If this maybe a problem a single sided mattress might be a better option.
- Many people buy the perfect mattress for them and forget to get a decent pillow.
- It is important to have good neck and spine alignment.
Remember if you have any queries about choosing a new mattress, don’t hesitate to call us for advice. Our team are happy to help!
Luxury Mattresses N.I.
Lowes Industrial Estate
Phil – 07821 198365
Stephen – 07796 277603
Viewing by appointment
7 Days a week
Open 0900 – 2100